CSEA Local 635 at SUNY Oneonta represents
nearly 300 working men and women in three different bargaining units: Administrative Services (ASU), Operational Services (OSU) and Institutional Services (ISU). Members of these units are the backbone of our campus providing important services including:
- Performing daily maintenance and cleaning inside all buildings on campus;
- Serving as “first contact” points for the public and most of the departments on campus;
- Performing regular grounds-keeping duties which keep our campus clean and beautiful;
- Providing direct assistance to students, professional staff, faculty and administration on many levels and throughout many departments and offices;
- Providing skilled support in plumbing, carpentry, masonry, painting, and electrical installations and repairs;
- Providing essential office assistance by entering data, generating reports, maintaining files, answering phones, obtaining and recording statistical data, and operating, maintaining and fixing office equipment and machinery;
- Operating our facilities and print shops;
- Providing 24/7 availability for emergency call-ins and for weather-related needs; and,
- Maintaining our heating and cooling systems to keep everyone comfortable year round.
We are: CSEA Local 635!